This is so easily one of my go-to meals. It is quick and jam-packed with nutrients. We make it a lot if we haven’t planned dinner or get home from the gym late and don’t feel like cooking. Personally, I almost always have canned fish on hand, so this is a super easy meal.
- 2 cans albacore tuna (we use Wild Planet)
- ½ C. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped (I often also have eggs hard-boiled in our refrigerator for snacks, so this is super easy for me. You could also omit the hard-boiled eggs)
- ¼-½ C. Whole30 approved mayonnaise
- 2 t. Spicy deli mustard (We buy ours local from the farmers market or Boetje’s)
- 4 C. or 1 bunch of kale, spinach or chard, chopped
- 2 T. olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- Heat 1T. Olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Open and drain cans of tuna
- Chop hard-boiled eggs
- Rinse and chop kale
- Heat the other 1T. Olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and add chopped kale. I like my greens a little more al-dente, so I saute very briefly (under 2 minutes) until the edges of the kale start to wilt. You can cook the kale to your desired consistency.
- Mix together in a large bowl: tuna, cooked mushrooms, chopped eggs, mayonnaise and deli mustard. Voila. You have tuna salad.
- Split the cooked greens between 2 plates and top with ¼-½ each of the tuna salad.
Makes: 2 servings
* This recipe should serve only two people. You need your greens and protein! You can also double or triple the recipe for more individuals.