This week’s recipe is going to be super simple, guys! I love this one for nights I need an easy veggie or salad to prep. It goes well with a lot of proteins such as: crockpot salsa chicken, salmon, baked whitefish or pork barbacoa.
Ingredients Needed For Slaw:
- 1 bag pre-shredded red cabbage (you can also chop the cabbage yourself!)
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, small cubes
- ½ small onion, chopped
Ingredients Needed for Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 t. Chili seasoning
- ¾ cup homemade mayo
- 1 t. Minced garlic
- 1 t. Apple cider vinegar
- Add all prepped veggies to a large bowl.
- Whisk together ingredients for the dressing and pour over vegetables.
- Mix together with a bowl-scraper.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before eating to allow the dressing to be soaked up by the veggies.
**Add more or less dressing to your taste! I don’t like my coleslaw drowning in dressing, but I know some people do, so play around with the portions, and enjoy!
We had this last week as a side next to pan-fried mahi-mahi. Super delicious and fresh-tasting.