If you are looking for a super simple way to get your veggies in, this recipe is perfect. We ended up pairing it with a pan-seared mahi-mahi and it was perfect.
- 4 carrots
- 1 med-large sweet potato
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 t. Pepper
- 2 t. Garlic powder
- 2 t. basil
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 3 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. Apple cider vinegar
- Dash of salt
- 1 t. Chili flakes (if you like spice). You could also do a small amount of diced jalapeno here!
Instructions for the Veggies:
- Turn oven to 400 degrees and get out a sheet pan
- Thinly slice the carrots, chop the sweet potato into ¼ inch square pieces and chop the onion. Quarter the Brussels sprouts so they are bite-sized.
- Place all veggies on the sheet pan, evenly spread out.
- Sprinkle with all the seasonings and olive oil.
- Bake in the oven about 20 minutes, or until cooked!
Instructions for the Sauce:
- While the veggies are baking, mix together ingredients for the dressing. It won’t make a large amount, but just enough to coat the veggies. I used a whisk for this process.
When the veggies are fully cooked, mix together in a bowl with the sauce. You can serve hot immediately, or serve cold. Up to you!