OMG. This recipe was soooo good I just have to share. It is perfectly refreshing for a hot summer day.
- 2 C. Spring Mix (or lettuce of your choice)
- handful of black olives (about 8)
- handful of cherry tomatoes (about 8)
- 1 C. strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast
- 1 T. Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 T. Chorizo seasoning (found at a local spice shop)
- 1 t. Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lemon (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in an oven-safe dish (preferably glass)
- Drizzle cooking oil over breasts and sprinkle with chorizo seasoning and salt. I say 1 t. of salt, but that is a guess. I just sprinkle on the amount I deem necessary.
- Bake in oven about 40 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. We use a meat-thermometer which is amazing because we can pull the chicken as soon as it reaches the right temp and it doesn’t dry out. Otherwise, cook until the juices run clear.
- When chicken is throughly cooked, immediately shred it with two forks in the baking dish. Shredding it now give the extra juice/flavor a chance to be absorbed into the chicken, making it more flavorful.
- Make your salad! Spring mix, topped with about 1 C. of shredded chicken, olives, cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- For the dressing, I used frozen strawberries that I had taken out of the freezer earlier in the day. The juice from the strawberries and the berries themselves are what I used for my dressing. If this is not enough for you, consider adding the juice from 1/2 of a lemon.
That’s It! You’re done! And, you should have leftover chicken for another meal or two 🙂